WMRC Historical Documents and Transcribed Oral Histories
- Barcroft Station historic photographs
- Peter Miljanich interview by Sarah
Sheehan. Peter worked at barcroft between 1951 through 1954 (text file)
also some notes
and a pencil sketch of the station grounds.
- Burt Vaughan's written account of construction of Barcroft Station, with photos (6 MB pdf file)
- 1952 article about Barcroft in "Research
Reviews" published by the Office of Naval Research This article contains the photo and caption which brought Edmund Schulman to the White Mountains to study bristlecone pines.
- 1952 article "White
Mountain High Altitude Research Station" about first years at WMRS by Nello Pace and S.F.
Science, New Series, Vol. 116, No. 3026. (Dec. 26, 1952), pp. 697-700.
- 1954 article "Longevity under adversity in conifers" by Edmund Schulman This is the first article to include data about White Mountain bristlecone pines
- 1955 WMRS Brochure
- 1957 WMRS article in Desert magazine
- 1959 WMRS article in California Agriculture
describing research on chickens at Barcroft
- 1962 WMRS article in Westways
- 1963 WMRS article in California Monthly
- 1975 25 years of
High-Altitude Research by Nello Pace (6 MB pdf file) This contains Pace's history of WMRS from its founding through 1975.
- 1994 History
chapter in Crooked Creek Guidebook
- Nello Pace mini-bio (from "/COSPAR Information Bulletin/, /Volume 1995, Issue 134/, /December
1995/, /Pages 6-7/")
- Obituary for Sherbourne Cook, one of WMRS's founders